The purchase of property insurance is an essential investment for property owner or manager. Insurance policies protect the business from the financial consequences of accidents and mishaps that could erode profitability and threaten continuity of the operation. Property insurance can be expensive, so we wanted to give you a few tips in how to get the most out of your business insurance purchase.
- Take a close look at your policy and make sure you have the coverage you need. There may be coverages you have that you do not need.
- Look to insurers that offer loss control help. This will help you manage your risk and keep claims as low as possible.
- Is your deductible too low? You may save more than you think by increasing your property deductible to $5,000 or even $10,000. If you generally have no loses this may save you money.
Items to consider
- No Co-Insurance
- Rental Income Coverage for the Actual Loss Sustained, not subject to any time limit
- Earthquake Sprinkler Leakage Coverage
- Up to $5,000,000 for Debris Removal
- Boiler and Machinery Coverage Included (Comprehensive Form)